Thursday 12 October 2017

60 Second Short Film Competition Entry And Evaluation


60 Second Short Film Competition Entry And Evaluation

This is my 60 second short film called 'A Bad Day'



60 Second Short Film Evaluation

1. In my film I have included at least 3 camera movements and 2 camera angles but I haven’t included any camera shots as I focused mainly on filming and didn’t take any pictures. I have shown awareness of elements of mise-en-scene by using the book as as props to exaggerate the clumsiness of the character and to add effect. I have only used non-diegetic sound because the sound in the footage wasn't very good or clear so i choose to use music throughout the film instead.

2. If I was asked to do this task again, I would be more prepare and plan my idea more as I quickly picked an easy idea and went along with the idea but I didn’t plan it very well. I would think about what I’m filming and make sure I filmed it landscape instead of portrait. Also, I would make sure I had enough footage for the time frame, even after editing as I thought I had enough footage bot after editing it all, I didn’t have enough. Therefore, I had to go back and film more and I didn’t think about how I would put it together so the cuts fit together better and look more natural as the cuts between scenes are quite obvious in my film, which doesn’t look very professional.

1 comment:

  1. I actually quite like this Ellie - you manage to create a sense of the character's emotions and I like the choice of non-diegetic music that you have used.

    You don't understand the difference between angles, shots and movements and this is clear in your evaluation - a camera shot is the type of framing used in video work and does not have to be a still image. See me for further clarification if you are still unsure about this.

    My main concern with your completion of this task is that you did not really show a great sense of creativity initially. You are also too reliant on asking for help before trying to push yourself and solve problems on your own. You need to develop a much greater sense of independence and be less reliant on someone helping you.

    A good effort though. Well done.

    ReplyDelete